Firstly, I’d like to thank Bloom Reviews for nominating me. I’m honored and flattered. Since essentially everyone I’d like to nominate was nominated with me, I suppose I luck out a little bit. But for the sake of being a good sport, I’ll answer the questions!
What was the scariest movie or show you’ve ever watched?
- I don’t scare easily because I’m usually just N O P E but Paranormal Caught on Camera or pretty much anything that deals with ghosts or hauntings or the paranormal. I don’t deal well with cryptids, aliens, ghosts or the like as much as I am fascinated with them.
Are there certain genres of TV shows or books that you stay away from or hate reading? Why?
- I don’t much care for romance or YA. It just bores me and since my back story reads like a comic book protag, most cookie-cutter stories are just a slog of a lack of problems and a lack of depth.
Who was your first celebrity/character crush and why?
- First Crush in Anime was probably Lord Sesshomaru or Master Naraku from InuYasha as far as celebrities…Ryan Phillipe. First celebrity female crush is Eva Mendez
What was one show your parents hated you watching but you watched anyways?
- Probably Cow and Chicken or something like that. My parents let me watch pretty much anything. My aunts disliked me watching anime of any kind.
I’ve recently gotten addicted to podcasts, do you have any recommendations for podcasts or other talk shows you enjoy listening to?
- I’m going to go ahead and say my podcast: Unfortunately, Required Reading but I’ll also say: Lore, What You Missed In History Class, Welcome to Night Vale and The Stuff They Don’t Want You to Know.
I’m currently relaxing on vacation right now. What’s your favorite summertime or beach read?
- An Illustrated History of the Marquis de Sade.
It’s starting to get towards the end of summer. What’s one aspect of this season that you look forward to the most? Vacation? A certain event? Warmth?
- Summer is usually time for me to go to convention but I do like going to the sea and mostly getting to celebrate my birthday.
Conversely, Fall is pretty much upon us. What’s one thing about the season you’re really looking forward to?
- A lack of sun.
Tell me about the style of your blog and why you picked the color, banner, and subject matter that you did.
- I chose the sakura blossoms because of what they mean to Japan. Japanese culture and anime have always been huge influences on me. The colors are a mix of my struggle to embrace the fact that I quite like girly things while also in my real life being somewhat gender neutral. The subject matter fits in my name. It’s me, actually. Which means it’s all the things I love: anime, film, comics, feminism, representation and more.
What about blogging drew you to make your own blog?
- The freedom to write whatever I want.
Is there anything about content creators in particular or contention creation in general that you find annoying or frustrating?
- I think finding the balance between giving people who do love what I do a way to support me monetarily while not feeling like a shill or a cheap writing prostitute. I don’t mind the idea of accepting Ko-Fi donations but things like Patreon make me feel a bit uneasy likely because I feel a bit lacking as a creator.